How to Improve Yourself This New Year?January 7, 2021
Everyone loves the idea of ‘new year, new me’ but very few are actually able to implement it. You might wonder what you can do to achieve your dreams or goals, no matter how big or small. When you work on improving yourself, all your dreams automatically start coming true. But the real question here is – how do you improve yourself?
Every year during this time, you start believing that since it is a fresh year, you can have a fresh beginning for almost everything in life. This is the reason you decide on trying to become a better version of yourself. After all, who does not want to grow and improve?
There are several ways to improve yourself but in this article, we will talk about the most effective ones. Let us discuss.
- Do or learn something new – Whether it is a new language or a new hobby, it is vital to learn something new at regular intervals. It has many benefits. First, it will always keep you busy and distracted. This way, you will not get time to indulge in uncalled for worrying or overthinking. Another reason why learning new things is a good idea is that it helps to expand our knowledge which always works in our favor. The more knowledge we have, the smarter and more confident we are. If you are wondering what are the new things you can do, here are a few examples – you can learn a new musical instrument, you can learn to play cash games online, you can learn a new course on the internet, etc.
- Get out of your comfort zone – This is in relation to point number one. When you do something new, you are already out of your comfort zone. However, this also has several other connotations. For example, going out of your comfort zone also means confronting your fears. For instance, if you have a fear of public speaking, you still take part in a debate competition or a group discussion – this means that you are really going out of your comfort zone to change how you are or become a better version of yourself.
- Practice the art of discipline – Discipline is a virtue that is needed even when you are not motivated enough. There are times when you do not have enough motivation to accomplish your task – that is when you need the virtue of discipline the most. For example, you have set a goal to stay fit and reduce ‘n’ amount of weight in a year. For this, you go for a walk every day in the morning. However, one morning, you do not feel like waking up early because you do not feel motivated enough. This is when you let your discipline take control. You still wake up, go for a run, and come back happily – that is discipline! Thus, these two virtues are like two sides of the same coin.
- Do not hesitate to talk to new people – When you talk to new people, meet strangers, or get to know others, you learn different things about them and their culture. This helps you to enhance your knowledge in general. There are so many things you get to know. Moreover, when you talk to people, you start understanding them more and more. This helps to build the skill of empathy in you. Empathy, in simple terms, means when you put yourself in another person’s shoes. This is the major difference between empathy and sympathy. Sympathy has some sort of distance attached to its meaning because it means understanding someone else’s feelings, whereas, empathy means feeling what another person is feeling.
- Indulge in some thrill or adventure – When you indulge in some adventurous activity, you learn a lot about life. It even helps you to learn how to confront your fears. Moreover, adventurous activity does not always mean climbing a mountain. It also means indulging in some activity which is full of thrill and where you experience a good adrenaline rush. For example, when you play online strategy games, you use your mind and skills. That is when you also experience the thrill of playing, especially when you are playing games like poker, rummy, ludo, etc.
- Meditate or indulge in some other relaxation technique – When you are in a relaxed state of mind, you are automatically more active and enthusiastic. This will make you more productive, efficient, and passionate about what you are doing. As a result, you will even be able to bid adieu to all your tensions and worries. There are many ways you can relax. Some of them are meditation, yoga, dance, listening to soft music, deep breathing, drawing, etc. When you partake in regular meditation or other relaxation sessions, you become a better version of yourself because you are more focused, happy, and aware. That being said, just meditating for a day or two will not give you long-term effects. You have to be consistent with these activities and only then will you be able to see the difference in your life.
New year time is an exciting time in everyone’s lives. So many people decide to form new year resolutions for themselves every time but most of them fail to keep it up for long. One of the resolutions that people often keep is to learn how to improve themselves. While it is a popular new year resolution among people, it is also one of the most complicated ones. This is because even when people know how to improve themselves, they do not know how to do it effectively. This is the reason they reach a point of stagnation after a while. This article covers effective ways to become a better version of yourself. These ways are not only effective, but they also are fun to follow once you get the hang of it. Happy New Year!